Rachel received her law degree from Durham University and qualified into Dispute Resolution in September 2007 having trained at Fox Williams.
Rachel has handled a broad range of general commercial disputes. In particular, she has experience in all types of intellectual property disputes, including design rights, trade marks, copyright and passing off.
Her past work includes:
- Achieved a settlement for the brand Superdry against Primark, who had been accused of copying Superdry’s Brad Jacket
- Achieved a settlement for the brand Superdry against the streetwear retailer Fenchurch, who had been accused of copying one of Superdry’s jacket designs
- Achieved a settlement against Arcadia Group, who had been accused of copying a client’s designs
- Acted successfully for Trinity Mobile (a mobile phone ticket provider) in defending an action for patent infringement to the extent that the Claimant withdrew its Claim
- Successfully acted for a client who had been accused of design right infringement which led to the complaint being dropped
- Acted for the Swedish telecommunications company, Tele2 in its litigation against the Post Office in the High Court and Court of Appeal
- Getting a Default Judgment set aside on behalf of a Canadian based company which subsequently led to a favourable settlement of the Claim being made against it
- Obtaining favourable settlements at mediation on behalf of several commercial agents who were claiming compensation following their termination
Rachel is a member of Fox Williams’ Agentlaw and Fashionlaw groups. She has given seminars and talks on a variety of issues arising in these areas, including in-house training. Rachel is also a member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association.
Rihanna v. Topshop – When celebrities clash with the high street
The Power of Disclosure: How the completion of disclosure and potentially damaging documents may help agents drive up the price of settlement
Retail space: The new frontier in brand identity following Apple’s successful trade mark?
Purple Reign? Cadbury Sees Off Nestle Challenge to UK Trade Mark for Colour Purple
All aboard and online? How do agency relationships fit in with the new online sales playing field?
Location, Location, Location - The importance of strategy when dealing with European intellectual property rights
Did I agree to that? The impact of governing law and jurisdiction clauses in commercial contracts
Make a choice – otherwise you might not like what you get – governing law in agency contracts
Registration now open for the annual agentlaw seminar
Registration of design rights. Considerations when building an intellectual property portfolio
Resting on its laurels? Fred Perry reaches settlement with Top Shop over use of logo
Skechers agrees to pay $50 million for false advertising of its Shape-Ups shoes
Guess ordered to pay US $4.66 million to Gucci in trademark infringement case
Tips on transferring PCC cases
Options for brands and designers seeking to benefit from celebrity exposure
Does an agent lose the benefit of the Regulations if he acts for more than one competing principal?
Replicas of Kate Middletons wedding dress
Victory for Vivienne Westwood in the Courts
Battle of the red-soled shoes