Paul is a partner in our Corporate department and advises clients on a broad range of business areas including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, banking and insolvency.
Paul graduated with an honours degree in law from the University of Hull in 1988. He then completed his Law Society finals at Chester Law School. Paul was articled at Lovells (including secondments to Esso and Clayton Utz in Australia) and qualified in 1991.
After 14 years with Hobson Audley (latterly Faegre & Benson), he joined Fox Williams LLP as a partner in its corporate group in March 2008. His clients include AIM listed companies, partnerships, licensed insolvency practitioners, property investors and emerging companies.
Representative transactions include:
- Negotiating trade finance facilities for SuperGroup from HSBC as part of SuperGroup's full market list
- Negotiating £130m facility from Barclays Bank and £14m facility from Lloyds Bank for Greenergy International Limited
- Acquisition and disposal of a £130m property portfolio
- Sale of three separate IT training/networking companies to the National Computing Centre (Impact, CIO Connect and PMP)
- Representing Tikit plc (AIM listed) on its acquisition of various UK and international companies
- Advising the management of Apollo Lifts on a secondary management buy out
- Advising on the pre-pack acquisition of the business of Washington Green Art galleries
- Advising on the establishment of Blue Hackle (a security business)
- Advising Trinity Mobile Limited (a company specialising in e-ticketing services)
Loan Agreements- are they really non-negotiable?
Top Ten Tips for Start Up companies in respect of Shareholders' agreements
Avoiding the ‘curse of the zombie company’
‘Phoenix’ firms often seen as a stitch-up
Langreen Limited: a timely reminder to Directors of companies facing financial difficulties
Top Ten Tips for Buyers of Assets from Insolvent Companies
Top 10 Tips for Directors of a Struggling Company
Dealing with a company in distress
What steps should a franchisor be taking when dealing with an insolvent franchisee?
Q&A: Legal precautions to take when starting a business with a friend
Q&A: Personal liability of a managing director during an insolvency
Top Ten Tips in respect of Shareholders\' agreements
National Loan Guarantee Scheme
Paul Taylor looks at the potential exposure of directors following the case involving Langreen Ltd
"Signed, sealed and delivered"- take care when executing deeds
FW acts for Asian Development Bank on three loans to Armenian Banks
The Chancellor’s Autumn Statement Backs Business
Potential personal exposure of directors if their company fails financially
To PG or not to PG – Ten top tips for potential guarantors
FW advises on acquisition of business and assets of Mongoose Cricket Ltd
FW advises on groundbreaking new venture in higher education
Filling the funding gap: Top ten tips for lending to your own company
\'You will never walk alone\' if you are aware of your shareholder rights
Funding crisis for SME's continue as banks told to stop acting like 'Scrooge'
FW Acts on the Sale of Ski Tour Operator, Esprit Holidays
Is your business ready for economic and political uncertainty? Some tips to help out
Capital reduction by solvency statement loose change behind the sofa cushions
When a Re-Organisation Becomes a Realisation: The Rise, and Possible Fall, of the "Pre Pack"