Restructuring and Insolvency
Our specialist team of lawyers have years of experience in advising on restructuring and insolvency issues across a wide range of practice and sector groups.
Relying on our in depth knowledge, as well as technical expertise, we aim to provide a practical and responsive response to our clients' issues. Where necessary, expertise can be drawn from other specialist teams such as tax, employment, property etc.
Across a range of practice groups, Fox Williams LLP has lawyers who have extensive experience in advising on a range of restructuring and insolvency issues including:
- purchasers interested in buying assets from companies who are in financial difficulties or already subject to formal insolvency procedures. This includes advising on businesses subject to a "pre-pack" administration process;
- creditors looking to repossess goods or recover monies;
- employees on the consequences of the insolvency of their employer;
- landlords and tenants as to the impact on the lease when the other party goes into insolvency;
- boards of companies who may be concerned about their personal exposure in continuing to trade;
- directors, shareholders and other third parties who may be considering, or who have already advanced, loans to troubled companies (whether on a secured or unsecured basis);
- insolvency practitioners who have been appointed as administrators, receivers, liquidators etc; and
- group of companies looking to restructure and/or reschedule their debts;
We have recently advised
- a purchaser of a sports manufacturing business which went into administration;
- shareholders of a company on using UK insolvency procedures to resolve a shareholder dispute;
- a board of a UK plc on the insolvency implications of one of its subsidiaries losing a major piece of of litigation;
- a borrower on dealing with its bank which was alleging a technical breach of banking covenants.
Corporate partner Paul Taylor, leads our specialist team in this area and has been advising on matters of insolvency law since 1989.
Paul is rated by legal directories as "pragmatic" and "a natural driver/communicator". Clients have also praised Paul for his "clear, no-nonsense advice" and "ability to quickly identify the key commercial issues".
Recent news, articles and deals:
Avoiding the ‘curse of the zombie company’
Langreen Limited: a timely reminder to Directors of companies facing financial difficulties
Dealing with a company in distress
Potential personal exposure of directors if their company fails financially