Freezing injunctions are interim orders that restrain a person from disposing of or dealing with certain assets. All types of assets can be frozen, including bank accounts, shares, motor vehicles and land. They are a temporary order intended to preserve those assets unless and until the applicant has a judgment in respect of their claim.
Asset freezing injunctions are an extremely effective tool in protecting a party’s position, but this area of the law, and the steps to take to obtain a freezing order, are complex.
Our expert team of lawyers can:
- Advise you on your prospects of obtaining a Freezing Order
- Advise on your duties to obtain a Freezing Order, including your duty of full and frank disclosure
- Prepare your application and evidence needed to obtain a Freezing Order at a hearing
- Advise and guide you through your ongoing obligations
- Pursue your underlying claim.