Fashion hit or miss – who got it right?
Avoiding pitfalls in your fashion business
This year’s seminar will discuss some of the common business problems faced by the fashion industry and how even the largest companies can get it wrong. We will focus on issues of concern to investors, avoiding employment law challenges relating to size and disability, getting the right banking support for your business, protecting your intellectual property, and what the details of your property lease really mean.
We also welcome our guest speaker Katherine Elizabeth, an award winning milliner who will take you through her journey to the top in the fashion industry.
Our panel of experts at this year’s Fashion Law seminar will address:
- Why Dov Charney almost got it wrong and Lion Capital got it right – Watching for the issues which concern investors.
- Why Abercrombie & Fitch got it wrong and Riam Dean got it right – Avoiding the employment law problems of obesity, size zero, and disability.
- NatWest – How using the right bank can ensure that you don’t get it wrong.
- Why Victoria’s Secret got it wrong and why Thomas Pink got it right – Protecting your IP and knowing when to claim infringement.
- Why Marks & Spencer got it wrong and why BNP Paribas got it right – Ensuring that your lease says what you think it says.
- A Milliner’s Tale – Award winning milliner Katherine Elizabeth discusses her experience in the fashion industry.
8 October 2014
RBS International HQ, 250 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4AA
Presentations and Q&A from 6.30 to 7.45pm
Reception from 7.45 to 8.45pm
Alan Engledow, Director, Commercial Banking Retail & Wholesale Sectors, RBS/NatWest
Stephen Sidkin, Partner and Chair of Fashion Law Group at Fox Williams LLP
Peter Faber, Corporate Partner and member of the Fashion Law Group at Fox Williams LLP
Joanna Chatterton, Employment Partner and member of the Fashion Law Group at Fox Williams LLP
Roger Fenwick, Regional Director, Specialist Sectors, RBS/NatWest
Simon Bennett, Intellectual Property Partner and member of the Fashion Law Group at Fox Williams LLP
Elizabeth Ruff, Real Estate Partner and member of the Fashion Law Group at Fox Williams LLP
Katherine Elizabeth, owner of Katherine Elizabeth Millinery.
To register please email email@example.com or call 020 7614 2626 to secure your free place.