This weekend we welcome five teams from the UK and five teams from continental European universities, together with an extremely distinguished group of moot arbitrators, to Fox Williams’ third Pre-Moot for the Vis Moot in Vienna. This is taking place at our London offices on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 February.
The teams competing this year are:
UK (common law) teams:
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- University of Cambridge
- Queen Mary University of London
- University College London (UCL)
- University of Leicester
European (civil law) teams:
- Aix-Marseille University (France)
- Saarland University (Germany)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- University of Warsaw (Poland)
- Utrecht University (Netherlands)
Peter Ashford, the firm’s head of international arbitration, will be hosting the event prior to attending as a judge at the Vis Moot in Vienna. Peter said, “We are always over subscribed for this exciting competition. We expect to see a close contest between some excellent teams. We are, once again, indebted to the exceptional group of practitioners who freely give their time to judge our competition.”
Information on Pre-Moots can be found on the Vis Moot website, here.