16 teams from 10 different countries will compete in London, 2 – 3 March 2019
The teams have now been announced for the fourth Fox Williams Pre-Moot, being held in association with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
This year we will welcome 16 mooting teams from UK and international universities. The nine international teams are from countries in Europe, plus Russia and Japan, while the UK is represented by seven institutions. The teams are as follows:
- Aalborg University (Denmark)
- Aix-Marseille University (France)
- Univeristy of Bern (Switzerland)
- University of Bonn (Germany)
- Graz University (Austria)
- Kobe University (Japan)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia)
- Silesia University (Poland)
- University of Cambridge
- City, University of London
- University of East Anglia
- Lancaster University
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Sheffield
Fox Williams’ association with CIArb this year has enabled us to increase the number of competing teams to 16, from 10 in 2018. Day one of the competition will take place at the offices of the CIArb and the final will be held at Fox Williams’ offices on day two, Sunday 3 March.
Amongst the competing teams, we will also be welcoming back last year’s winners, University of Cambridge, who will be defending their title and hoping to secure a consecutive victory. Other returning teams include The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, Queen Mary University of London, Aix-Marseille University (France) and the University of Ljubljana (Slovenia).
Peter Ashford, the firm’s head of international arbitration, will be chairing the event. Peter said, “We are delighted to expand this year’s Pre-Moot through our association with CIArb. This year we have some very high quality of teams competing and it promises to be a very successful weekend.”