Fox Williams has won the prestigious award of Mid Size Technology Law Firm of the year 2009 in the ACQ Country Awards 2009.
Now in its second year, ACQ Finance Magazine Country Awards for Achievement recognise the top corporate finance dealmakers and their transactions. Winners are selected via an independent poll of the magazine’s readership that is made up of 37,000 senior industry professionals that subscribe to the publication. This year’s awards enjoyed even greater participation than last year.
Commenting on the award, Paul Osborne, Head of Corporate, said, “We are delighted to receive this award, especially because we have been selected by industry peers and clients. This is a reflection of our expertise and excellent reputation in helping businesses to exploit new and evolving technologies and demonstrates the strength of our corporate practice”.
Fox Willams has been particularly successful in the last year with highlights including:
- representing 2SMS Limited in relation to a series B funding by existing shareholders
- acting for the London Technology Fund, London’s specialist investor in new technology companies, concerning its investment in Novacem, a start-up company developing a carbon-limiting technology
- advising Constellation Software Inc. on its acquisition of UK-based 2K Technology Group Limited
- The promotion of James Channo (capital markets & M&A) and Kolvin Stone (IP and technology) to partner in the corporate practice
- The recognition of our practice in the 2009 edition of The Legal 500 (an independent directory): “The e-business and technology sector is a strength although 2008 was characterised by an increasing level of work from quoted (particularly AIM-listed) companies”.