Fox Williams has won the AltFi Awards 2018 – Legal Advisory Firm Of The Year. The Award recognises the legal advisory firm that has had the greatest impact on the alternative finance market in 2018, scored on six key criteria:
- Works with a range of respected clients in this sector
- Demonstrated its industry expertise, to the benefit of its customers
- Expertise is wide-ranging, covering many niches within fintech
- Employs a number of well-known industry commentators/representatives
- Is a go-to source of information on regulation in this space
- Played an active role in shaping policy in this industry, through its work with various governmental groups and bodies
The AltFi Awards, now in their fifth year, celebrate outstanding achievement within the Alternative Finance industry. AltFi, which provides market-leading news and data, focuses on alternative lenders, including peer-to-peer/marketplace lenders and direct lenders as well as investment in alternative credit, equity crowdfunding, challenger banks and robo-advice.
Jonathan Segal, Partner and Head of FinTech & AltFi at Fox Williams said “We are delighted to again be recognised by AltFi and our peers as the leading legal advisers in this space. Our team advises on complex regulatory, product and technology issues in this dynamic and fast-growing sector, where new ground is constantly being broken.”
Fox Williams won the award in 2016 and was the runner-up in 2017.