Join us for our annual Fashion Law seminar on Wednesday 29 November.
The topics we will cover include:
1. Tenancy agreements – why it is important that you properly perform yours and how to do so
Real Estate senior associate, Tom Morton, will look at:
- keep open clauses, yielding up provisions, repair and so forth – the practical problems for fashion tenants sleepwalking into leases;
- actions that landlords can take; and
- why certain actions may not result in performance.
2. The future of fashion – how will sustainability laws impact your business?
Commerce and technology associate, Hannah McCullagh, will discuss:
- sustainability legislation in the pipeline – what will be required of you (and those who operate in your supply chain) and what you should do to prepare for it; and
- the issue of greenwashing.
3. It’s not simply about registering a trade mark – protecting your intellectual property
Intellectual property senior associate, Scott Steinberg, will outline potential ways that fashion businesses can and should protect intellectual property – their most valuable asset!
4. Five things we are seeing in the market for fashion businesses
Corporate senior associate, Sarah Carlton, will cover:
- why banks are reviewing private company board appointments;
- future fund / CBILS could still be problematic if insolvency looms;
- preparation is key if a shareholder fallout is likely;
- are M&A transactions taking longer to get over the line?; and
- clean up your skeletons before starting an M&A transaction.
The seminar will be chaired by Steve Sidkin, partner and chair of Fashion Law Group at Fox Williams.